Thursday, August 21, 2008

Underwater Sisters-Wendy, Amy and Me

This was my year to make more garments and so far, so good! I've been sewing lots this year and most of what I have made has either been something for my girls, something for a friend or something for ME! Yes, ME!

This is my latest. . .
BBW-Simplicity 3835
. . . a Built by Wendy pattern, Simplicity 3835.

The fabric is Underwater Sisters from Heather Ross' Mendocino line. I used Amy Butler's Full Moon in tangerine to trim the sleeves instead of using elastic. I'm really loving the orange/sky blue combo these days.

This is a simple pattern and cute too! I like that it fits like a t-shirt but doesn't hug my body. The neck-line might be a little too high for my liking. I don't like low-cut neck-lines but this one could scoop a little lower. Maybe it would help if I made it one size bigger. Yeah, then I wouldn't have to pick out seams and re-stitch them at 1/4". I think the next one will be made using sheet fabric from this summer's Summer Skirt Sheet Swap.

No comments: