Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Kimono Robe, pink

Kimono robe #2 from the Amy Butler pattern book, In Stitches.

Amy Butler Kimono Robe, In Stitches

This is another birthday gift (for a different family member). It's smaller than the green one I made and I'm happy with how it turned out. The robe is quite easy to make but the instructions are a little too wordy. Beginning sewers beware!

I only have one alteration to the pattern and it is a very simple change. I chose to use a contrasting fabric for the neck trim and therefore bought less fabric. The alteration I made was to make the belt out of two pieces and join them with a french seam. Contrasting trim would also look nice on the sleeves and maybe even on the botton hem.

3 comments:

beki said...

Very pretty! I agree with you about the wordiness of AB's instrustions. More pictures less talk, please!

African Kelli said...

Such a nice job! I love the pinks. And the flowery fabric reminds me a bit of cherry blossoms. Very Japanese!

Mary-Frances said...

Love the color combo! Very very nice! I just can't wait to see what you do next Creativa!