Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Quick & Easy Creamy Pasta

This pasta was a result of making dinner from only a few items in the fridge/pantry. I really like it and think it slightly resembles a pasta dish I order from Macaroni Grill. (The measurments for the ingredients are approximate and many times I just use what I have and adjust as needed.)

Ingredients:
-1/2 onion
-1 garlic clove
-1 T olive oil
-4 strips uncooked bacon or 4 slices of prosciutto, chopped
-1/2 cup frozen spinach or 1/2 - 1 cup chopped asparagus or both!
-1/3 cup heavy cream
-2 T butter
-1/4 - 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
-10 oz. cooked pasta (spaghetti or penne are good choices, but any pasta will do!)

1. cook pasta
2. saute onion and garlic in olive oil for 3-5 minutes
3. add uncooked bacon or prosciutto and continue to saute until meat is cooked
4. add spinach and/or asparagus and cook until spinach blends in well or asparagus takes on a bright green color (about 4 minutes)
5. add heavy cream and butter and cook until cream thickens (you can add some parmesan cheese too!)
6. mix cooked pasta into the pan, stir to mix
7. serve with parmesan cheese, a salad and crusty bread. YUM!

1 comment:

Amanda @ www.kiddio.org said...

Mmmm, this sounds really good! I try and make some sort of refrigerator pasta dish every week or two (great way to use up all the random vegetables I buy), and the Safeway frozen ravioli and tortellini are yummy too. I think I might even have everything (including the tortellini) to try it tonight... :)