Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tri-Pocket Tote

Tri-Pocket Tote

This Tri-Pocket Tote is the latest project for Finny and Donk's Sewing Adventure. I have only worked on one other project for this sewing adventure and it was about time I made another.

This tote was made expressly for my sweet preschooler. She was excited to know that Mom would make her a school bag instead of buying one. Needless to say I was very excited too! She picked out the colors (blue, red, yellow) and then I made the fabric suggestions. Once she saw the floral Amy Butler fabric she also requested green because it is her favorite color, after all. The pattern and color combo makes me happy and it made her super-happy when she awoke to find a finished bag this past week!

This tote is simple to construct and I really like the finished piece. I especially like the three pockets for separating/organizing your things! I'm not so crazy about the construction for the top hem and straps. I think it could be completed in a more finished way. For this bag, I serged the hem and the ends of the straps. If I make another, I might try adding a lining or using fabric that isn't heavy-weight denim so I can tuck the strap ends underneath the hem. Overall, though, it is a great bag because of its construction simplicity and because of the three pockets.

Tri-Pocket Tote

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Nice job.

Deb said...

Ah, look at how cute she looks with her school bag. I love the fabrics. Where are you getting those? I also love all the fun things on your blog. You are very, very creative Ms. Claudia.

Send me pics of your house and I will totally help you. I love, love, love helping other people decorate their homes.

Hugs to everyone.
Debbie

jessica said...

what a sweet bag.