Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Tunic That. . . .

will never be worn!

2nd Tunic - front
(front)
In fact, it will probably be taken apart and the fabric used for another project. Yeah, that's how much I dislike it!

"Coriander" by Alexander Henry really caught my eye and I thought it would be fun to use this fabric for a tunic. But a tunic made solely from this fabric seemed a bit much to me. Now, I think I was wrong! Next to this disaster, it would have been just fine!

My goal was to use the black and yellow fabric to accent the solid gray Kona cotton. You know, take something boring and dress it up with something fun! I just wish I would have had a plan instead of designing it as I went along. While I'm not happy with the final result, I did have fun constructing this tunic and altered the Downtown DIY Sewing pattern to exclude the pleat and expose the lining of one pocket. Good practice, good learning, not good outcome.

2nd Tunic - back
(back)

No comments: